Introduction to CELTA
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults is an introductory course for candidates with little or no previous experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages. Accredited by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, it is the most internationally recognised and respected English Language Teaching qualification.
Language Link Vietnam was the first accredited CELTA training centre in Hanoi, offering custom-built facilities and top-quality trainers. As a member of the Language Link International group of schools, Language Link Vietnam draws upon over 20 years of CELTA training experience, and an extensive network to support all its activities.
Language Link Vietnam is Hanoi's premium English language school. We are well known in the community for a highly professional approach to our training programs, a relaxed but academically sound learning environment, the highest standards of service, and our management team of experienced educators.
The course presents a view of the principles underlying language teaching, and deals extensively with the analysis of English from the learners' perspective. Presentation of new language, activities to develop language skills, planning and effective utilisation of resources, syllabus design, and timetabling are all covered.
The course is divided into two closely related parts. Input sessions covering language teaching methodology and language analysis are followed by daily Teaching Practice sessions, with feedback from the course tutors and other trainees.
The course syllabus is designed to enable candidates to:
- Develop an awareness of language, a knowledge of the systems of English, and apply these in their professional practice.
- Develop an understanding of the contexts in which adults learn English, their motivation for doing so, and the respective roles of the teacher and the learner.
- Develop familiarity with the principles and practice of effective teaching to adult learners of English.
- Develop a range of skills for teaching adults in the classroom.
- Develop familiarity with appropriate resources and materials for use with adult learners for teaching, testing, and for reference.
- Identify opportunities for their own future development as professionals in the field
You can download the Cambridge CELTA syllabus here
Assessment of the course is continuous and integrated. Candidates are assessed on two components: Lesson planning and teaching (through supervised Teaching Practice), and Classroom-related written assignments (of which there are four in total).
The CELTA costs $1600 USD.
How to apply
Download our application form here
Choose Course Dates:
Option 1 - 7th May - 1st June 2018
Send your documents directly to email@example.com